Settle for everything. The Tiguan
The Tiguan features bold new exterior styling, a spacious smart interior and the latest technology from Volkswagen.
Wherever your journey takes you, the 4MOTION all-wheel drive with a range of driving profiles ensures maximum driving pleasure coupled with ultimate control.
The engines available in the Tiguan deliver both performance and fuel efficiency, thanks to Volkswagen's TSI technology. Built to be strong and light, TSI engines deliver effortless performance.Book a Test Drive
Features & Design
The Tiguan brings equal measures of elegance and ruggedness ensuring it makes an impression time after time. At a first glance, its striking proportions display a powerful presence wherever it appears. The Tiguan is packed full of features to enhance your driving experience. Take advantage of the safety and driver assistance programmes while staying connected through Volkswagen's App-Connect technology.Book a Test Drive
Keeping you on track.
Your mind will be set at ease with Volkswagen's superior technology and safety features*. Class-leading standard driver aids including Adaptive Cruise Control, Park Assist, Lane Assist, Side Assist (with Rear Traffic Alert), Front Assist with City Emergency Brake (City EB), Multi Collision Brake, Rear View Camera and Driver Fatigue Detection.*Safety technologies are not a substitute for the driver’s responsibility of the vehicle.
Book a Test Drive
Your Tiguan stays in its lane
On monotonous journeys, risky situations can arise. That’s where ‘Lane Assist’ comes in. Using a camera to monitor the markings on the road ahead. "Lane Assist' helps keep you safe by working to prevent you leaving your lane unintentionally. It employs small steering corrections to keep the vehicle in the correct lane.
Park with ease
The Park Assist System not only tells you whether a parking space is large enough as you drive past it – it will also park for you. You operate the clutch, accelerator and brake. It does the rest.
- Sensors scan suitable parking spaces (at up to 40 km/h).
- Parallel parking spaces must be at least as long as the vehicle plus 80 cm for the system to park in them and must have at least 25 cm in front of and behind the vehicle for the system to manoeuvre out of the space.
Adaptive Cruise Control
Traffic? gThe Tiguan can help
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) is standard across the Tiguan range. It lets you set the speed you want to travel and the gap you want to allow between you and the car in front. In doing so, it makes life easier for the driver, while reducing the risk of exceeding the speed limit.*For safety reasons, the adaptive cruise control system should not be used in heavy traffic or difficult road conditions such as heavy rain or ice.
A second set of eyes is always a good idea
Pedestrian Monitoring helps improve your view ahead.
Pedestrian monitoring is a part of Volkswagen's Front Assist system to help drivers stay aware of other road users. This smart technology is able to work both during day and night as the radar sweeps points located ahead hundreds of times per minute. If movement is detected, the system applies automatic braking to slow or stop itself to help avoid a collision.
Performance and Driving Dynamics
Powerful Turbocharged engines (TSI) Light up
Excellent drivability and instant acceleration.
The TSI's are highly responsive turbocharged engines, which are designed to deliver a maximum torque from engine speeds as low as 1500rpm. The driver can make use of superb power delivery across a wide range of engine speeds.
4MOTION All-Wheel Drive (AWD)
This clever AWD system ensures excellent traction, handling and steering response and dynamics. It constantly monitors driving conditions and reacts to the slightest wheel slip, delivering extra traction to the wheels with the most grip.
-Great grip on the toughest roads and in the worst weather conditions.
-Safer and more secure handling.
-Standard on the Highline 4WD and R-Line 4WD.
Dynamic Chassis Control
With the electro-mechanically adjustable dampers, the Tiguan* lets you soften or sharpen the ride, offering an optimum level of driving comfort and enjoyment at all times. The Chassis Control automatically responds to the road conditions, taking into account braking, steering and accelerating operations. Each individual shock absorber is connected to a control device which calculates the best setting for each wheel. It does this via sensor data and other information it receives from the car. This allows the system to react within milliseconds to bumps in the road, changing lanes or bendy roads.*Standard on the Tiguan R-Line 4WD.
Driving Profile Selection
The driving profile selection offers a wide choice of settings that can adjust the vehicle dynamics according to your preference.
Eco: Enhances fuel efficiency by including earlier gear shift points.
Normal: Offers a comfortable but dynamic driving style.
Sport: Offers a faster response of the accelerator and steering.
Individual: Allows you to set various parameters (steering and engine etc).
Standard on Highline 4WD and R-Line 4WD.
infotainment and Connectivity
Made to make life easier.Book a Test Drive
Use your apps in your Volkswagen as well
The apps from your phone in your car
Access your smartphone’s screen, selected apps, maps, and music through App-Connect on your car's touchscreen. You can do this thanks to three innovative technologies: Apple CarPlay®, Android Auto™ and MirrorLink® interfaces. The App-Connect allows you to conveniently use selected apps and content right in your Volkswagen, that is easier than ever.
Active Info Display
Your custom-made driver display
Only want to see the speedometer and mileage display when you drive? Or more Driving Data? Or the navigation map? Or the title of the song you're listening to? Or more than one of these options?
It’s literally in your hands: with the multi-function steering wheel, it’s easy to configure your high-resolution Active Info Display yourself. Exactly the way you like it.
- 10.25-inch TFT-LED colour display
- Multiple configurations possible – save three as favourites
Head-up Display (HUD)
Everything at a glance. Your destination displayed before your eyes
The head-up display emerges from the dash panel at the touch of a button and presents all the key information in your line of vision: speed, navigation data and road signs. Everything’s easy to read, even when driving into light. So you stay up to date – and don't need to take your eyes off the road for a second.
Hear the sound. See the road
With the navigation system, you can stay on track and be entertained en route to your destination.
Easy to read and easy to operate. Besides looking great, the sleek glass display helps make the map more prominent, while route guidance assists you with turn by turn information.
Features & Models
Features of Tiguan Comfortline
- 17" Tulsa alloy wheels
- 8" Composition Media system
- Climatronic 3-zone air conditioning system
- KESSY: Keyless entry and starting system
- Electric Tailgate - luggage compartment opening and closing
- Side Assist (Blind Spot Monitor) with Rear Traffic Alert
The popular one
Features of Tiguan R-Line 2WD
- 19" Sebring alloy wheels
- 8" Discover Media Satellite Navigation system
- Active Info Display
- R-Line 'Vienna' upholstery
- Heated front seats, driver's seat electronically adjustable with memory
- LED Headlights
- Area View Camera
Tiguan R-Line 2WD
Features of Tiguan Highline 4WD
- 9' Auckland alloy wheels
- 4MOTION All-Wheel Drive
- "Vienna" leather upholstery with heated front seats
- Driver Profile Selection
- Progressive Steering
A bit extra
Features of Tiguan R-Line 4WD
- 20" Suzuka alloy wheels
- 9.2" Discover Pro Satellite Navigation System
- Head-up-Display (HUD)
- 162kW 2.0 TSI Engine
- Adaptive Chassis Control (DCC)
R-Line style with 4MOTION
Disclaimer by Volkswagen
- 1. The information provided on the Volkswagen New Zealand website is for information purposes only
- 2. A Volkswagen New Zealand reserves the right to extend, withdraw or change all offers *Prices are shown in New Zealand dollars, include GST and exclude on road costs
- 3. Weekly finance price is subject to change due to interest rates*. Please see the full terms and conditions for Volkswagen Finance for more information. www.volkswagen.co.nz/finance
- 4. Fuel consumption is based on the combined fuel consumption figure
- 5. International models might be shown for illustrative purposes only, and New Zealand specifications may vary
- 6. Some colours in these images are not available in New Zealand, the product guide contains the correct colours available to the New Zealand market
- 7. Additional and optional accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Optional accessories and add-on packages are available at an additional cost
- 8. App-Connect is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service, and connection cable (sold separately)
- 9. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices
- 10. Leather appointed seats have a combination of genuine and artificial leather, but are not wholly leather