The hot hatch has evovled
The rebel is back on the road and creating a sensation – learn how this hot hatch can produce even more driving pleasure for its drivers. Arriving May 2021, contact your local dealer today to pre-order.Book a Test Drive
Powerful. Sporty. Well trained.
With its 2.0 L TSI engine, the compact sports car delivers an impressive 180kW that hurtles you from 0 to 100km/h in under 6.5 seconds. Side-effects may include butterflies, raised hair and breath being well and truly taken away.
Front differential lock(e-LSD)
A clear path for narrow corners
The new and evolved hot hatch loves the drive as much as you do. With a built-in Vehicle Dynamics Manager electronically controlling the Front Differential Lock, the new GTI can read the road to counteract understeer, stabilise the vehicle response and deliver maximum traction in high-performance environments. Of course, you can always dial it down for a more hands-on experience.
Dynamic Chassis Control
Control your drive
Fast or relaxed – with adaptive chassis control (DCC), you can adapt the GTI’s damping to your own driving style and road surface. With driving profile selection, it's easy to change via the infotainment system’s touchscreen.
Overseas model shown for illustrative purposes only. Local specifications may vary.
See the Golf GTI for yourself
Where cutting-edge performance meets uncompromising functionality. Complete with a full digital revamp and fitted with the state-of-the-art safety systems, the new GTI promises an unforgettable driving experience.
Part beauty. Part beast.
When a red line stretches across the front and the radiator grille features a honeycomb design and black air intakes, then there can only be three letters on the badge: GTI.
Add a strikingly dynamic bumper, extended side skirts, roof spoiler and chrome-plated tailpipes, and you have yourself a sporting icon. LED taillight clusters also round off the unique appearance.
Outside: Fast-paced Inside: Chilled out
All of the components inside the GTI are carefully tailored to give this vehicle its distinctively sporty look. From stainless steel pedals and a black headliner to its premium trim and hallmark stitching.
You can even illuminate the interior with a choice of 30 colour options and LED background lighting adds accents of light in all the right places.
Sit back and relax
The Golf GTI is equipped with a premium set of sport bucket seats, made to provide lateral support during hard cornering and enhance your overall driving comfort. Along with a sophisticated design, the seats are a real treat for the eyes, and your back.
The optional GTI Vienna leather package adds heating and cooling functions for the front seats, ensuring you are always at the perfect temperature.
Guaranteed to turn heads
Nothing shapes the side view of a vehicle better than the wheels. Fitted as standard with the dynamic 18" Richmond alloy wheels, with the striking 19" Adelaide alloy wheels avaliable as an option.
The intelligent driver assistance systems in the Golf help you drive more comfortably. They also can help you deal with critical situations or even avoid them*. Even if you only notice this technology on rare occasions, it feels good to know that it is there.
Disclaimer by Volkswagen
- 1. The information provided on the Volkswagen New Zealand website is for information purposes only
- 2. A Volkswagen New Zealand reserves the right to extend, withdraw or change all offers *Prices are shown in New Zealand dollars, include GST and exclude on road costs
- 3. Weekly finance price is subject to change due to interest rates*. Please see the full terms and conditions for Volkswagen Finance for more information. www.volkswagen.co.nz/finance
- 4. Fuel consumption is based on the combined fuel consumption figure
- 5. International models might be shown for illustrative purposes only, and New Zealand specifications may vary
- 6. Some colours in these images are not available in New Zealand, the product guide contains the correct colours available to the New Zealand market
- 7. Additional and optional accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Optional accessories and add-on packages are available at an additional cost
- 8. App-Connect is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service, and connection cable (sold separately)
- 9. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices
- 10. Leather appointed seats have a combination of genuine and artificial leather, but are not wholly leather